Effective Date: November 1, 2017
This Policy applies solely to your use of our Sites. It does not apply to information we may collect in connection with your attendance at the Academy or your participation in or presence at our events, programs, camps or other activities, or if you otherwise interact with us.
Information You Provide to Us
IMG may ask and collects a variety of information from you when you choose to provide it to us in connection with your use of our Sites. This may include when you request information from us, apply to the Academy, register for a camp, program or event, create an account, fill out a form or questionnaire, sign up for our newsletters or email lists, make a purchase, participate in our contests, promotions, sweepstakes, surveys, or interviews, request support, or otherwise communicate or interact with us via the Sites. The information we collect may include your name, contact information (including your address, email address, and telephone number), applicant/registrant information (including academic and educational information and history, age, birthday, demographic information, family and ethnic information, medical information, athletic experience and positions, applicant essays and parent assessments), payment information, and any other information you choose to provide.
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Likewise IMG could obtain from your personal data that is considered by the law as sensitive personal data. These data may include data on ethical beliefs; medical or clinical data such as: status of past and present health, disease, blood type, allergies and medical studies, physical disabilities; pregnancy; food habits; family and pathogenic background.
Information We Automatically Collect
Log Information: We log information about your use of the Sites, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, domain names, access time and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Sites, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information. We may use this information to provide you with location – based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve our Sites and your experience, see which areas and features of our Sites are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Sites or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may receive information about you from other sources and link or combine that with information we collect about you. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties (for example, our business partners, service providers, affiliates and subsidiaries, agencies and advertising networks and analytics vendors, including mailing list providers and publicly available sources) and also share the information that we hold with such third parties to help us and them tailor communications to you (subject to the last paragraph of the “INFORMATION SHARING” section below), and to improve our Site and service..
IMG may use the information we collect from and about you to:
- Operate, maintain, and improve the Academy and our Sites;
- Evaluate your application for the Academy or an Academy program, camp, event or activity;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices,
- Develop new Services and content;
- Provide you with information about the Academy and about Academy and third party events, programs, camps, activities, products, services, promotions and special offers that we think might be of interest to you;
- Personalize and improve the Sites and provide you with customized content, targeted offers, and advertising;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Sites;
- Respond to your inquiries, requests, and comments and provide customer service;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries, prizes, and rewards;
- Send you information, newsletters, and promotional materials from IMG and our partners
- Research, address problems, and improve the usage and operations of the Site;
- Protect the security or integrity of the Sites and our business;
- Invoicing and collection of tuition payments;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the point of data collection.
You agree and consent that IMG may share the information we collect from and about you as described in this Policy including:
- With our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership;
- With third party service providers, vendors, and consultants who need access to the information to perform services for us or our students and participants;
- As necessary if we believe that there has been a violation of the IMG Terms of Service or of our rights or the rights of any third party;
- To respond to judicial process or provide information to law enforcement or regulatory agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law;
- For promotional offers and business transfers related to send you offers and develop of our business;
- In connection with any merger, sale of assets, financing, bankruptcy, or reorganization of our business; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
Further, we may share aggregated or anonymous information that does not identify you.
By sending an email to [email protected], you may choose revoke your consent for IMG to share your personal information for the purposes stated in: "Combination of Information” subsection above; to our service providers; and to third parties for marketing or analytical uses. Please note that the other information transfers outlined here do not require your consent.
Protecting children’s privacy is important to us. We do not direct the Sites to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from, children under the age of thirteen, without the express and written consent of the parent or guardian of the minor. If you are the parent or guardian of a minor who have provided its personal data without your consent, you can request that these data is canceled in accordance with the procedure contained in this privacy notice.
We offer some services intended for children, and in some cases we may know a child is using our services (for example, when using a child profile). In these situations, children may share and we may collect personal information that requires verifiable parental consent (“Child Personal Information”). Child Personal Information could include, for example, name, birthdate, contact information (including phone numbers and e-mail addresses), voice, photos, videos, location, certain activity and device information, and certain other types of information described herein.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS
Your information may be stored on servers in the United States and is subject to the laws of the United States, where the data protection and other laws may differ from those of other countries. Your information may be disclosed in response to inquiries or requests from government authorities or to respond to judicial process in the countries in which we operate. By accessing or using our Sites or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of information in and to the United States and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
IMG takes reasonable precautions (including certain physical, administrative, and technical measures) to help protect your information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Because there is always some risk in transmitting information over the Internet, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITE
The Service may have links to third-party sites or applications, which may have privacy policies that differ from our own. We are not responsible for the practices of such sites or applications.
YOUR COMMUNICATION CHOICES
Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from IMG by following the instructions in those communications or by emailing [email protected]. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Services. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS
EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS
Rights of access, rectification, and objection, or the revocation of your consent to us handling your personal data, may be exercised by writing to us at [insert full registered office address] or via e-mail to [email protected] Your request should include your full name and country of residence, copy of an official document to evidence your identity, clear and accurate description of the personal data on which some right is intended to be exercised and description of your request. If the access, rectification, and objection, or revocation of consent, are being exercised in relation to a minor’s rights, in addition to the foregoing you should include copies of sufficient documents to evidence that you are the legal guardian of the minor.
REVISIONS TO THIS POLICY